Complicated love




 Growing up,

If someone loves you, love them back, I heard

Life still has me occupied as a student 

Everyday, from experience I learn 


See whose heart grew cold

On our first countenance, you froze

Remember?

On anyday, it was me you chose

Great that I kept my innate desire on the low

Never thought I'd wake up to this heavy blow 


Our love was on fire 

How you made an insipid introvert an interesting extrovert 

One thing I admire 

Your great influence 

For love's sake the negative attitude, in me, I had to inculcate 

How you made a cheapskate magically become a spendthrift 

I gave everyone else zero space 

Always for or about you, my final decisions 


We used to be the inseparable lovebirds 

A major paradigm of 'Opposites attract', due to our backgrounds from different planets 

Albeit our shortcomings,

We always reached a resolution like how the day and night make twenty-four hours 

Today, there's no balance 


Our stars no more twinkle 

What are we? A double single?

Definitely not a couple 

The strong foundation we laid grew shaky over the years

Quite uncertain now, like how our ladies' backsides wiggle 

Loving you is complicated.


Written by © Afrifa Francis Osei Tutu (Chulqhid OT)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HOW HE ENTERED ME

FROM MY SIDE : THE LAND OF CORONAVIRUS

University:The place to have sex?