CHILDISH TRIPS

 



I wonder,

How some things are just the way they are

Hard as I try looking for answers 

It's like it is what it is

So I stopped searching for what couldn't be found 


No matter my thoughtful and conscientious approach towards every action I took

I still tripped 

Nothing seemed enough 

Taking every breath consumed by guilt trip 

Not self-imposed but by the vicinity in which I was found 


A single response always discovered a question that required another

Don't start what you cannot finish - if I had known earlier 

Because you tell a lie and like a loop, you may have to lie forever 

All to protect the first one 

only to wake up one day with the cat let out of the bag 

It's like falling into fire in attempt to escape the discomfort of the frying pan

Futile decisions when one truth could set you free 


One moment I embrace love and it's kind 

The next it is shooed away by a heart not so kind

Growing immune to these tender expressions

Laying faith aside as I measured reality by actions 

Words are so silent to the ear even when spoken 

Until demonstrated through actions 


As long as I'm in my youthful days

These childish trips I still fall prey

Written by ©Afrifa Francis Osei Tutu (Chulqhid_OT)


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HOW HE ENTERED ME

FROM MY SIDE : THE LAND OF CORONAVIRUS

University:The place to have sex?