In the mind of a stepfather


 


Regardless, if it be my punishment 

What if this was God sent 

Troubled within, I was as we parted 

An awful way to settle the difference 

To make things work

His basic amenities were provided 

A name was given to the beloved 

All by me


Over the years

The extra: right to be educated 

Fathering the innocent lad how I wish I was fathered 

Made him a part of my family 

Oblivious of the betrayal played on me


The results of this test

Leave me breathless and sleepless 

Flashbacks hit me,  things they said

A chip of the old block, the boy of six

The pool of tears shared

The huge sums wasted 

All by me


All these years I was blinded 

That which I called mine, never was

The truth still hurts

But never is it too late, to be a good step

Act okay to the world and play deaf ears 

Love him as I love myself 

Hoping God may replenish all that I lost to favours


Written by ©Chulqid_O T ( Afrifa Francis Osei Tutu )




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW HE ENTERED ME

FROM MY SIDE : THE LAND OF CORONAVIRUS

University:The place to have sex?